Monday 30 September 2013

Introduction To The Tarot

tarot1


Today, I want to give you an overview of the tarot. I have always been interested in all forms of divination, particularly the tarot, from a young age; however, I have always felt a little bit scared of the tarot cards. I think this was because they used to have a reputation for being the devil's playthings!  I avoided them because of this, preferring to concentrate on angel cards or ordinary playing cards for divination purposes.

It was only when I attended a Mind, Body and Spirit fare with my mum and sister, that I realised that this wasn't true of the tarot at all. I sat in a workshop led by a very charismatic woman - she was brilliant. She was down to earth and dressed in a very smart business suit.  She opened the session by talking about the tarot's bad reputation. She said that the tarot was nothing to be scared of and it was purely a tool to help us listen to our intuition.

She told us that the best way to get started as a tarot reader, was to use our intuition and gut feeling when looking at each card. She said that, as it was a tool for our intuition, then we would get a gut feeling of what each card represented and we should do that before looking at the card's meaning in our tarot books.

One exciting part of the session was when she asked for four volunteers. My sister and I were one of the first to raise our hands and we were chosen to participate. We were asked to go to the front and take a tarot card. These cards were huge. We both took one and sat back in our seats. We were told not to look at them. The other two participants were a glamorous woman who was with her toddler and an older woman.

We were then asked to look at our cards and think about what it meant to us. My card was the lovers card. It made me feel happy to get this card. I saw it as a joyful card and, as I have been with my other half for almost 19 years, I saw it as a sign that I was in the right relationship for me. My sister got the tower. She said it made her feel like she was going to escape from a negative situation and break free of something that's been making her feel trapped.

Once we had all decided on our individual card's meaning we were told to go up and tell the rest of the room our impressions. The woman said that we were all right in our explanations. She also said that we all chose the cards that were meant for us and our current situation. It was amazing how accurate each card was for the people concerned.

I am going to be giving you more information on the most popular tarot cards over the coming weeks and I intend to put together a short tarot reading course too, for those of you who are interested in taking this further.

The tarot cards can be a great tool for connecting with your higher self, so don't be scared of any negative associations they may have. I certainly haven't had any bad luck since using them.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment