Friday 18 October 2013

What Is Graphology?

handwriting

I wanted to discuss Graphology, today. It’s been around for some years now and is a useful tool for understanding what makes people tick.  It is the study of handwriting. Researchers have looked at several different types of handwriting and managed to link these differences to certain personality traits. Graphologists can tell whether someone is introverted or extraverted; calm or anxious and even whether they have psychotic tendencies. The police have used graphologists to help them solve crime, so it is taken seriously by many people.

I find the subject fascinating. I often change my handwriting style, depending on what mood I’m in and therefore I feel there is definitely something in this. If I’m feeling a little bit run down and need time to myself, for instance, I prefer to write with a slight leftwards slant to my letters (which means the person is introverted and likes to be alone); however, my usual writing style has a slight slant to the right, which means the opposite.

I will be giving you some more lessons on graphology, over the course of this blog, and I hope you find it as intriguing as I do. You will be shocked at how accurate it is.

If you’re sceptical, think about this – how many of you can understand your doctor’s handwriting? Doctors tend to have more important things on their mind than neat handwriting and their high intelligence level can lead to a certain type of handwriting. I have noticed that individual GPs in my local doctor’s surgery all tend to have a similar style of writing, which shows they are similar people.

As with anything, though, there are exceptions to the rule; however, graphology deals with general meanings for certain handwriting traits and it is the combination of all of these that create the differences between individuals with similar handwriting.

No comments:

Post a Comment