Sunday 20 October 2013

How To Set Goals

goal

I just wanted to say how much I love Autumn.   Aside from the fact it’s my birthday time, I enjoy that special feeling in the air.  I think it’s the only season that has a ‘feel’ to it. I love the bright-coloured orange, red and yellow leaves on the trees, and I enjoy the sound of the crunching under my feet, even more! I don’t know what it is, but it makes me feel like a child again.

I love it when the nights start drawing in and I can snuggle up by the fire or take a warm, candle-lit bath. Halloween and Bonfire night are Autumn festivals that bring people outdoors and brighten up the dark nights.  I enjoy going to my local fireworks display every year and eating toffee apples.

These are just some of the reasons why I love Autumn, but love it or not, you can’t argue that there’s something about this time of year that makes you think about starting over. I don’t know whether it’s because the new school term starts, after the long Summer break, or if it’s to do with the crispness in the air, but I often use this time of year to take stock of my life and make plans for the year ahead.

How to set goals


If you want to set yourself some goals, now is a great time. If you wait until the New year, you have more chance of failing (according to research) so why not give it a go in Autumn?

Choose one major goal that will change your life for the better. Write it down. Set a timescale for achievement. Be realistic – if you want to lose five stone before Christmas, there is a chance that you may not be able to do this safely. Why not adjust your goal, so that it is more achievable within the timescale you’ve allocated.

Your goal should also be measurable. You should know when you’ve achieved it. If your goal is to lose weight, then you can measure this by using weighing scales. You will know you’ve achieved it when you are lighter on the scales. Some goals are less straightforward, though. I will be writing more about these types of goals in my new book and coaching course.

Break down larger goals into smaller steps and make sure you do something every day to bring you closer to achieving your goal.

Good Luck,

Mochira x

No comments:

Post a Comment